With the rising urbanization, space is decreasing day by day. And with this, the sizes of our homes are also reducing. When you have a smaller house, you have to go with a small kitchen. But the truth is that having a small kitchen is not that bad. You can use a set of different storage ideas to use the space in your kitchen effectively and efficiently. You have to be creative about the same and make sure that you fully utilize the size of the kitchen.
If you are living in a house that has a small kitchen, you do not have to compromise. It does not mean that you have to overstuff your drawers or clutter your counters. Using unique ideas, you can maximize the space in your kitchen. Moreover, it will also help in making it look clean and tidy. There are many unique storage ideas which you can use to utilize the space of your small kitchen efficiently; here, we look at some of them.
The Best Ways To Handle Your Small Kitchen
- If you want to use the space inside your kitchen effectively, you can choose to hang a pegboard or a cooking rack in there. It is a great technique to save a lot of space and also declutter all your drawers. You can quickly transform your wall into a place where you can place different items like pots, pans, and other utensils. Because of this, you will be able to maximize the storage in your kitchen. And it will also make your kitchen look good and all the utensils more accessible.
- You can also opt for island shelving. In this idea, you will be using the island base of your counter as additional storage. You can add shelves or cupboards there, which will allow you to store small items.
- A magnetic knife holder will help you in organizing your knives properly. When you try to find them, it will not be a hassle for you.
What Else Can You Do To Maximise The Space?
- You can also opt for open shelving just above your counters. It will be a great addition to your home and will allow you to store spice and other tools.
- Now you can reduce the storage area by using the space between the fridge and the wall. You can place a sliding shelving unit there to help you with storage.
- If you use a dish drying rack in your small kitchen, it will consume a lot of space. Therefore, it is ideal for mounting them somewhere on the wall. It will allow you to use the area more effectively while ensuring that your utensils are dry.
- You can also use a three-tier basket and hang it from the ceiling. If you do not want to hang it, you can place it vertically on the counter. You can use it to store numerous items like fruits, vegetables, etc.
- If you want, you can get a wire rack to place it over the counter. It will provide you with another platform where you can store all your accessories.